9199 113th St
Seminole, FL 33772
The primary functions of the City Attorney are listed below:
- Legal advisor to the Council, City Manager and all City Departments, Offices and Agencies.
- Prosecute and Defend on behalf of the City all complaints, suits and controversies in which the City is a party when such action is required by the council.
- Review all contracts, bonds and other instruments in which the City is concerned and shall approve or disapprove as to form, sufficiency, and correctness. No contract with the City shall take effect until it has been so endorsed by the Attorney in writing.
- Shall perform such duties as may be directed by the Council or the laws of the State of Florida.
- Shall recommend to the Council, by letter, one or more qualified attorneys to perform his duties, if required, during his temporary absences or disability.
Seminole Code of Ordinances